Don’t settle for a saggy side view or drooping jawline. Instead, face restoring your once-youthful contours and a striking side profile with a lower facelift and/or jawline contouring procedure – designed to smooth, sculpt, and slim the chin, jawline, and neck areas for a more lifted, firm, youthful-looking appearance.
Depending on your personal aesthetic goals, jawline contouring may include removing excess fat and tissue in the jowl area and smoothing horizontal necklines (“tech neck”). If a patient also seeks facial contouring that enhances and accentuates the cheekbones, a traditional facelift combined with a minimally invasive jawline contouring procedure can help achieve a mid-to-lower face upgrade, creating a more elongated and defined facial aesthetic.
A more aesthetically appealing profile requires a contoured, chiseled jawline. A visibly angular aesthetic, while retaining just the right amount of softness and femininity, will deliver beautiful, long-lasting results for women seeking to improve the lower portion of their face.
What Causes Jawline Laxity?
You can thank the ravages of time, or the reliance on gravity, as the leading causes of loss of definition in the lower face, most commonly in the jawline and jowls, due to:
- skin laxity
- bone loss
- fat wasting
With a customized treatment plan using a strategic combination of fillers (Juvederm, Sculptra, or Restylane), neurotoxins (Botox or Dysport), and innovative, skin-tightening methods, a more contoured and chiseled jawline and side profile await. A saggy side profile can be dramatically lifted with volume-inducing injectables, giving the jawline a sharpened appearance and improving fullness and overall symmetry. In addition, fat-melting Kybella injections may sometimes be required to help tighten the jawline and neck area, especially if the patient has a double chin or excess fat.
Am I a Good Candidate for Jawline Contouring?
Suppose you’re in your 40, 50s, and beyond and have been experiencing the following. In that case, you may be a good candidate for jawline contouring:
- lax skin around the jawline
- jawline appears “droopy” in profile pictures
- deep marionette lines (folds/creases that run from corners of the mouth to jawline)
- excess fat/puffiness in the jowl area
- double chin or lack of definition between jawline and neck
Noninvasive Jawline Contouring: Results and What to Expect
Patients can expect to enjoy long-lasting, “jaw-dropping” results for 1-2 years or longer before maintenance upkeep is required, including the following beautifying benefits:
- Minimal to zero downtime (slight swelling, bruising, or redness at the injection site is expected and should subside within a few hours or a few days)
- Entire process takes as little as an hour or less, depending on the number of syringes needed to yield desired results (most patients require 3-4 syringes to sculpt and shape their jawline)
- Natural-looking results without the cutting, commitment, or high cost of more invasive procedures
Step away from the scalpel and say hello to the syringe! As mentioned previously, a customized combination of gel and hyaluronic acid-based fillers, line-smoothing neurotoxins, and in some cases, fat-melting Kybella injections offers a personalized procedure plan that can deliver long-lasting, natural-looking results immediately. No two faces are alike, and neither are any two treatment trajectories. Dr. J’s sophisticated aesthetic eye, commitment to cosmetic artistry, and extensive knowledge of facial anatomies will give you the defined, rejuvenated lower face you’ve been dreaming of.
Look Sharp with a Lower Facelift
Some patients may opt for a more permanent, traditional procedure that contours their jawline and lower face. A lower facelift, or “mini lift,” is a surgical, permanent procedure that aims to revitalize the lower third of the face (everything below the corners of the mouth, including the jawline and sometimes the neck). A lower facelift tightens and sculpts the underlying facial tissues and structures that cause laxity over time while removing excess fat and loose skin resulting in unsightly jowls. Incisions are usually made from the front of earlobes and extend to the hairline.
Then, another short incision is made beneath the chin to suction out excess fat and/or tighten underlying tissues and muscles. The exact length and location of the incisions will depend on the surgeon’s unique surgical technique and the patient’s facial anatomy and aesthetic aspirations. Unlike a traditional full-face facelift, a mini lift requires smaller incisions, is considerably less invasive, and only requires roughly 7-10 days of downtime (as opposed to 2 weeks for full facelifts). In addition, the neck is often smoothed to youthful perfection, eliminating horizontal banding lines, saggy skin, and a double chin. The bevy of benefits from a lower facelift can include:
- Results last up to 10 years or more, depending on the patient’s personal aging process
- Patients will always look 10-15 years younger than their actual age after undergoing a lower facelift
- Procedure takes between 2 and 4 hours to complete, depending on the patient’s needs and the surgeon’s signature technique protocol
Am I a Good Candidate for a Lower Facelift?
The best candidates for a lower facelift are those:
- in their 40s, 50s, or 60s
- who can easily pinch 1cm or more of loose skin from the lower face (saggy skin that has no elastic “bounce back”)
- who have been noticing visible, subtle signs of sagging in the jawline, jowls, and neck areas
- who are non-smokers in good, general health
- who have realistic expectations and a healthy body image
It’s also important to note that along with a more invasive, permanent procedure, such as a lower facelift, comes the risk of acquiring (though all extremely rare) the following:
- unsightly scarring
- excessive swelling
- hematoma (collection of blood that pools beneath the skin surface and that needs draining)
- temporary numbness in lower face and/or neck for up to 6 months post-op
- facial nerve damage
Suppose you’ve noticed the start of saggy skin in the jawline, more prominent jowls, a soft, slack side profile, or a double chin. You may be an excellent candidate for a noninvasive jawline contouring procedure or a traditional lower facelift. Chin up! We invite you to call our office today to speak with any of Dr. J’s talented team of aesthetic experts who can help answer any questions and get you started on your journey to a more rejuvenated, beautiful version of “you.”